Today, December 1st, Giving Tuesday, is the best day to make a donation to Global ResQ, Inc. and include it on your 2015 tax return. You can make a one-time donation to Global ResQ’s Paypal account or set up monthly or annual giving there.
Do what? Feed nearly $50 million in healthy grass-fed beef to the hungry over the first 5 years… That amounts to feeding 10 pounds of healthy beef to nearly 96,000 hungry people each year, or 10 pounds of beef monthly to 8,000.
Here is the basic plan:
2. Develop a rapidly growing, tender, and grass loving cross-bred beef cattle.
4. Use dairy cattle to increase the number of cross-bred cattle grazing on the ranches.
The business plan for all of this is written and has been vetted by a leading commercial underwriter. We welcome you donations here so we can get the project registered in the Senate for funding this spring.
There are three main reasons why the world needs the Feed them Healthy! program:
1. Most important reason: Feed them Healthy! provides real food to the hungry. There are many hungry families and children. In fact, a lot more than the statistics showing that 1 out of every 6 Americans is hungry. Why? Because most Americans are starved for real nutrition. Most are being sustained by empty calories consisting of processed food filled with harmful chemicals, including unhealthy amounts of sugars and high fructose corn syrup. Added to this hodge podge of fake food, now most items from the stores are based on GMO grains or animal products enhanced by growth hormones. Such food does not satisfy hunger. Instead, such food creates obesity and starts the process of diabetes and other chronic diseases.
2. Next: Our process of producing real food rejuvenates the soil. We are growing chemical free grass fed beef using an advanced method of grazing management. It is called ultra-high density grazing management or colloquially as “mob grazing.” This grazing method management method emulates the action of the buffalo herds on the plains. The cattle are placed on distinct plots of land (called paddocks) and moved every day or more often. While in a particular paddock, the beef cattle eat 1/4 to 1/3 of the grass and trample the rest into the soil. The results: There is no overgrazing. The cows are healthier because a brand new pasture paddock loaded with healthy grass awaits them each day. The intensity of the action in each paddock stimulates the soil. The urine and dung fertilizes the soil. The trampled pasture adds vast amounts of organic material to the soil. Then, because there are at least 91 paddocks in the rotation, the pasture grasses have plenty of time to recover and generate new healthy and diverse swards of grass. In the process, the pastures explode with new growth and seeds of diverse grasses (both cool and warm weather grasses) and forbes (otherwise known as weeds) begin to grow and grow rapidly. Then, when one cycle around the segmented pasture is completed, the herd of cattle come through again for their brief one-day or less stay to continue to stimulate the soil, add organic matter and eat the chemical free grass.
Best of all this process restores nutrients to the soils. Earth worms return. Healthy microbes are able to set up housekeeping and rapidly explode in numbers, creating more healthy nutrients. Moreover, this process also stores (or sequesters) vast amounts of carbon, cleaning the air we breathe. And as a result of all of this, the soil captures and stores more of the natural rainfall, in essence making the flourishing ranch land less susceptible to the effects of drought. Many ranchers report that in two or three years of this kind of grazing management, the soil actually becomes spongy. In addition, since the grazing process is managed carefully, at the end of the natural growing season, there are still 3-4 months of edible grass remaining for the cattle. That means the need for expensive tractors and haymaking equipment, not to mention dedicated land for hay growing is obviated. So the whole process is much less expensive to operate. Oh, and I failed to mention that you can raise 2-4 times the number of cattle on any particular pasture area using this method. In sum, more healthy beef raised at lower cost, and in the process preparing the land for full organic vegetable and fruit production.
3. Finally, the cycle is complete as those nourished by real food are much healthier. That of course leads to lower medical costs, higher rates of academic achievement and increased energy and innovation. In a word, a much better society.
Truly grass-fed and chemical free beef and other animal products, including dairy, are extremely healthy. Grass-fed meat products are rich in Omega -3 fatty acids and CLAs. The following chart shows the nutritional content of grass-fed meats. An important measure is the ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids. The lower the ratio, the healthier one’s diet.
As can be seen from the table grain-fed beef has a very high ration of Omega 6’s to Omega 3’s, about 31 to 1. In sharp contrast, Grass-fed beef has nearly a 1-1 ratio. The ideal dietary ratio is about 1-1. People who consume the conventional or Standard American Diet (SAD) have essential fatty acid ratio’s in the range of 16-20 to 1. Such high amounts of Omega 6’s in relation to Omega 3’s will only lead to chronic illnesses of all kinds.
If for no other reason, grass-fed beef is an ideal food. Of course, fish and fish oil supplements also provide Omega 3’s. But such sources have other problems. (Heavy metal poisoning for one).
By the way, the assertions about saturated fats in the table above may not be particularly relevant for health, as saturated fats are actually quite good for you, for brain health and for essential mineral absorption. All of these lead to better health, better capacity for educational success, less violence and in sum, a better society.
In summary, the Feed them healthy! program provides crucial nutrition for those who can least afford it, the program rejuvenates the soil, and it creates a healthier and therefore better society.
We have also designed a privately funded path to achieve the ‘Feed them Healthy!” objectives. We call this program True Nature VIP Ranches. See the menu and page with that title, where you can download the FREE eBook describing the benefits of purchasing a True Nature VIP Ranch and joining our VIP Ranch program. Click here for the True Nature VIP Ranch page.
The following new trailer from Polyface Farms says it all. The right agricultural management, with symbiotic processes, giving people healthy food to eat will Save the Planet and greatly reduce illness and the incentives for corporate and government tyranny.
I highly recommend watching this. Joel Salitin has been a key influence on the development of Global ResQ’s Feed them Healthy! program. And True Nature Ranches will be operated much as shown in this video to (1) feed healthy food to impoverished hungry families, (2) teach them how to eat better, and (3) give them an opportunity for meaningful work…. And while they are not working or learning about nutrition, we will teach any who are totally or partially illiterate how to read better and think critically.
Won’t you join us? Donate any amount here or shop here to make indirect contributions. And if you can recommend a major individual or corporate sponsorship, see our new Corporate Sponsor brochure here. Whatever you can do will be VERY much appreciated. It is just time to get this started so the Feed them Healthy! message can spread throughout America and the World.
New Video from Leslie Stoddard at GMO Free Idaho. Feel free to pass it on…
If you have landed here through a Facebook ad, please take a minute and look through the Feed them Healthy! Brochure. There is lots of information there about our objectives, our production strategy, financial strategy and the process of getting this done.
We welcome your interest and your comments. The is a big project. Once it receives start up funding, we will have much for everyone to pitch in to make the Feed them Healthy! program a success.